Dubai, UAE, 18 September 2018: Prominent blogger and driving instructor, Alix Capper-Murdoch, popularly known as Miss Auto Know, teamed up with Dubai Autodrome to launch Women at the Wheel, “a driving course created by women, for women.” Following the successful debut with 26 participants in July, Miss Auto Know and Dubai Autodrome have announced additional courses for October.
The new course is led by Miss Auto Know and is aimed at reducing womens’ fear of driving on UAE’s roads and to improve their knowledge of modern cars. Participants can bring their own vehicles or drive a provided Audi TT or Audi S3. All driving activities take place within the safe and controlled environment of Dubai Autodrome.
Alix Capper-Murdoch explained, “From the feedback I received from my blog, Miss Auto Know, it was clear that women in region were interested in improving their driver skills and finding a comfortable place to share their concerns. They wanted a course designed for women and, more importantly, taught by women instructors. That didn’t exist—until now.”
Each Women at the Wheel course features information and practical training, including:
- Finding our fears: learning confidence, instilling tips and tricks to start each journey with a smile.
- Driving culture: discussions on different people, different vehicles and different rules that make up the UAE driving culture.
- Back to basics: learning to know your car, basic maintenance and fun facts to keep your friends and family on their toes.
- Feature, function, benefit: explanation video on new safety features introduced to all cars from 2018.
- Get out there: fun practical training designed to teach life saving techniques through vehicle handling.
- Caring for kids: a free booklet with fun, games and great safety tips for kids.
After the debut session Alix Capper-Murdoch recalled, “We had three participants in the initial course who admitted they were too scared to drive on the roads since moving to the UAE. By the end of the course, one of those women placed third in the driver handling Autotest on track!”
“It was wonderful to see these women overcome their fears.”
The next Women at the Wheel course is scheduled for Thursday, 18 October 2018 at Dubai Autodrome. For more information and booking, please visit: http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/womenatthewheel/
Report: Aaron Meriwether
Photos: Arthur Rosales